8.13.2005

David Sedaris is hilarious

He really is flat out laugh-out-loud funny. There's lots of proof out there on the Interweb (best source I've found so far is some Esquire archive, but you'll have to Google it to find it), but here's just something recent from the New Yorker:

http://www.newyorker.com/printables/shouts/050613sh_shouts

Oh, p.s. Looks like the bastards at Esquire want you to pay for archived content, either by subscribing to Keep Media or their magazine.

p.p.s. I guess that's fair, after all, since they have to pay contributors. I take it back: everyone at Esquire is the offspring of married parents. I'm just cranky.

p.p.p.s. I'm hungry, that's why. I'm gonna go make risotto.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Dress Your Family In Corduroy And Denim made me want to kiss ol' Davey spang on the mouth (in that totally platonic way, ev cerse). I am currently trying to work up the intestinal fortitude to read Naked. Right after I finish with the 724,004 other books I have to read. With the slamming of my head into walls and the like.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Dew said...

Well, sure, but it's not so much the head-slamming as the like, as I understand it, that causes the real handicaps.

Believe it or not (and you'd better, 'cause I don't lie), I haven't read Dress Your Family, although I sent it to my sister for her birfday last year (along with the Carnegie Hall box set of DS doing his own readings). I need to ask for that shit back, as The Rooster would say.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home