10.28.2006

BEAVERS TOP TROJANS

I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

I know a better person would have resisted that title, but since Oregon State outscored USC today 33 to 31 in what was a bit of a nail-biter in the last quarter of the last quarter (the Trojans made up a 21 point deficit in the last 15 minutes of the game, which in this house led at least one of us to believe that Booty and Carroll would pull off some kind of miracle tie-to-overtime play), what more appropriate headline could there be?! I'm willing to bet you that the instant messages are flying in sportsrooms across the country with superior plays on words to the one I made, but they're pretty much all in the same vein, and none of them will be published,
'cause ain't nobody want to get fired just for being a smartass.

Say what you will, but a 27-game winning streak in the Pac-10 is nothing to sneeze at, and breaking it would be a credit to OSU except that it was largely a matter of SC having whoopsied the ball 4 times (agonizing, every time, and call me a softy but I feel SO bad for college qbs when that happens -- I always hope their moms are there to hug 'em and stuff) that got them there. Anyway, there's always next week. It's just a shame that ND spanked the ass offa Navy on the same day, is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home