11.13.2007

Julia Roberts irks me...

Talkin' 'bout how she wants to move Britney Spears into her guesthouse and tell her what's what.... Talkin' 'bout her perfect marriage with her soulmate and blah blah.... Lookit. First of all, I'm not denying that Miz Brit is a capital T Train WRECK, and suspect, in fact, that someone taking over her life at this point might not be the best med'cine for whatever ails her, but Julia Roberts?? Stop it. You've been a mom for all of three years, and your life experience hasn't prepared you for what's going on with Ms. Spears. Second of all, shut up about your marriage, 'cause last time I checked, your "soulmate" was MARRIED. TO. SOMEONE. ELSE. when you met him, Smuggerella. And you went so far, when his WIFE actually OBJECTED to his shagging you while still MARRIED to her, as to sport a klassy t-shirt reading "A LOW VERA" (ref: Vera Moder) to imply that SHE was the one behaving badly. Not that I wish ill on her, but I have in mind the very old Ann Landers (or maybe Dear Abby) chestnut about a man who marries his mistress: "Once he's remarried, the position of mistress is once again vacant." I just don't know whether I'd be so sanguine about my perfect love if he'd already proven himself to be an adulterer. It isn't that people can't and don't change, of course, and certainly not that everyone is in the right marriage the first time (or even the second or third time, I guess, depending on how impetuously people get married!), just that I don't know how complacent and braggy I'd be, is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger BipolarLawyerCook said...

Absolutely. And yet people are SHOCKED when I express my disdain for Rudy Giuliani.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home