11.04.2007

Ha!

Sorry for the gloating, but the ubiquitous Peyton gets on my nerves, so I'm happy that Tommy and the Pats gave them what for, even if it was a bit of a nail-biting fourth quarter. If only some of PM's endorsements would fall off, I'd be a really happy girl.


Apart from today's highlight, which is, after all, only sports, this was a tough week. I moved back up north Wednesday but B is still at home, an hour flight away (or a six hour drive, but let's not be negative). Although I am having a great time with A and my godsons (not that I've done a thing with the cottage, but I keep meaning to... does that count?), I am homesick for B, and he for me. He did (FINALLY) talk to the firm about the move and trying to figure out how to stay employed, whether as a contract employee or a remote full-timer, but no news yet. In spite of his doubts, I'm pretty sure they'll want him to stay on; they've already said they want him to do this project for some clients in London, and it's high-profile enough that I imagine their interest in giving it to him is indicative of their interest in not losing his giant brain on their cases and advisory matters. Plus which the majority of his trial work and discovery hearings have been in SF for the past four years, so it's not like it's a stretch to be up in the Bay Area. Save them a buncha airfare!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home